Help with Disability Related Forms and Applications

As part of transition planning from the age of 16 onwards, families can receive information and help organizing applications for government assisted programs for when their child will turn 18 years of age.

Students who have reached the age of 18 and begin the transition from secondary school to community living or post-secondary studies after completing high school between the ages of 19 and 21, can apply for these programs while still in school.

Families should apply to the following assistance programs offered by various levels of government:


  1. The Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) offered through Ontario Works
  2. Passport Funding for Adults with Developmental Disabilities (offered by Developmental Services Ontario)
  3. Social assistance through Ontario Works (if applicable)


  1. Disability Tax Credit (DTC)
  2. Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP); DTC approval is required prior to applying to this program
  3. Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)

Information, support and assistance is available to adult students and their families to navigate the next phase of their stage of life, including help with:

  • Completing application forms correctly
  • Obtaining professional assessments to support applications
  • Organizing supporting documents
  • Ensuring timely submission
  • Application follow-up
  • Orientation to financial services in the community
  • Person directed planning
  • Independent facilitator / representation for the person with the disability to assist in decision-making, daily activity living, work, volunteer opportunities
  • Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) if not already in place

Many options are available for adult students with varying levels of disabilities to pursue learning and education such as:

  • Modified timetable with full-time student status but fewer courses over an extended program completion timeline (for credit)
  • Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) application
  • Ontario Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD)
  • Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSGS-EPPD)

Information on organizations which support adults with disabilities to seek job opportunities with inclusive employers in work suited to their abilities. 

A Letter of Accommodation can also be provided for adults in any workplace in order to meet their needs for job placement, promotion, or remote work/hybrid work options.

Having Monika as my representative relieved me of considerable stress and pressure associated with dealing with government services. She proved to be knowledgeable of the Canada Pension Plan Disability process as well as efficient in navigating the system. I am very grateful for her invaluable assistance and highly recommend her services.


Ready to get started?

Make informed decisions when it comes to your children's education.

Horizon Education Consulting Inc. is an Ontario-based service, but assists parents across Canada.

Contact me today